Monday, November 13, 2006

Facing Your Fears

What is it that keeps people from living their lives and pursuing their dreams? What is the element that causes so much anxiety and feelings of failure in people all over the world? By the title of this column you have probably figured out that it is fear. Fear can be an ugly word that holds connotations of the worst that life has to offer. But what is it that we really fear? Pain. We all want to avoid pain in our lives. We want to feel good and skip the bad altogether, so we avoid pain by throwing different situations into the fear pile. Whether we group it as fear of physical injury, humiliation, loss of money, or loss of time, the truth is that we are just trying to avoid pain. We are afraid to do certain things because the results of those actions will be very painful to us. So how can we get past this fear? Be honest with yourself. Recognize your weak points, and identify your fears. Have the courage to face those fears, and you will be unstoppable. Remember that most fears are just negative visualization, and that changing that vision to a positive one may be all you need to take steps towards living the life you have always dreamed of living!

2 Comments:

Blogger EKENYERENGOZI Michael Chima said...

Dinma,
We all have our fears. But as Jesus Christ said, "be of good cheer for I have overcome the world".

When I see fears creeping into my dreams, I ignore them and look unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith.

The only fear I have now is the fear of God.

God bless.

7:26 AM  
Blogger Dinma said...

That's true. I've learnt to face my fears cus I trust God to see me through.

10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home