Thursday, July 20, 2006

My Trip To Portharcourt

Guess what !, I had the opportunity of travelling to portharcourt though I wasn't that excited as I ought to have been because I was going for a funeral. Well maybe I wasn't sad anyway. I love travelling, infact it's my hobby. Sitting down in the bus, I started imagining what the place would be like and I was feeling like a star doing what I loved best. The journey wasn't bad at all because I had some of my friends beside me to chat with just that by the time we got to a place called Benin, it was late and we had to lodge in an hotel. Wow ! you needed to have seen the sumptous meal we had. By the next morning, we started off the second part of the journey. We passed through Bayelsa and Delta states were the crises had started led to the killing of my friend a Navy Commander. Once again , it dawned on me that we were actually going for a funeral and not the usuall travel. We got to portharcourt just in time to attend the ceremony which had already started. Thank God everything went on fine and the Navy gave him a befitting burial and what amazed me most was to see them standing in the rain during their protocol. The place wasn't bad at all as one thing that fascinated me was their good roads.The journey back was so smooth but there is something I long for. I long to travel to portharcourt once more and this time around, it won't be for a burial.


Technorati Tags:, , ,




5 Comments:

Blogger starry said...

Sad you had to go to a funeral. interesting post about your trip.

8:22 AM  
Blogger Jeevan said...

so the funeral went fine, with Government respect, getting this respect is not a ordinary issue, u friend is lucky to work in Navy and left the life for country. I too love traveling, esp on the hill and sea sides.

11:54 PM  
Blogger EKENYERENGOZI Michael Chima said...

Port Harcourt is okay. But it could be better like what Calabar is.

God bless.

8:50 AM  
Blogger Dinma said...

Thanks starry nights, just that next time I pray it will be for fun and not for burial.That's right jeevan, he served and died for his country.What a hero. Osinachi ,maybe oneday, I'll visit calabar.

4:49 PM  
Blogger Vessel of Mercy said...

What I remember of port Harcourt is hazy. I saw it with the eyes of a child. My sis schools there and is full of stories about how expensive the city is.
I really like the name "Port Harcourt".

4:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home