Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Just Over Broke-(JOB)

I was surfing the net sometime ago when I came across an arricle which was all about looking for a job. What actually attracted me was the definition of the word.It was interestingly defined as just over broke and after reading the article, I saw sense in what the man said and decided to share it with you. It is a common trend to see a student graduating and all he or she has in mind is leaving school and going about looking for a job. None but few has in mind of going to create jobs. Like the situation here in nigeria where the number of people looking for jobs is almost outnumbering that of those who has. Even if you get a job, how much are you going to be paid? Is your pay worth what you are giving in?. I have never thought of graduating and going to look for job. I talked with a man whom I met at a shopping mall last week and ( not to my surprise anyway) he told me that he graduateD in 1992 but couldn't get a job till 2000. Imagine living 8 years without a job and getting in 2000 was at a small restaurant. Guest what his job is? A cleaner.Think of owning your own business and the freedom that goes with it. This has made me conclude that job is modernised slavery. Do you think so?


Technorati Tags:, , ,




5 Comments:

Blogger starry said...

I like this post, in a way it is modern day slavery, but we work because we need the money to live and not because someone else needs the money. anyway u have been tagged. so please confess to five things u have right now in your freezer, closet, car and purse.welcome to tag world.

10:38 AM  
Blogger Dinma said...

Thanks for tagging me starrynights.Wacth out for the tag.

2:09 AM  
Blogger Christie's Corner said...

hm dinma, u cldnt b more rite and u no the worst part, once ur caught in the system, its hard to let go.
hpe ur nt planning to join the club.

7:34 AM  
Blogger Jeevan said...

In this generation getting a job is rare, so people who dint get job, should get addvice form government and start a own business. will government give advice for people?...

3:27 AM  
Blogger indianadoc said...

very true n very sensitive writing...I stumbled upon u'r blog quite unexpectedly...bt I did enjoy the little bit of reading I did...shall come back later for a more patient reading...

4:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home