Tuesday, July 11, 2006

A Poem From Someone Who Cares

A friend of mine and wrtter of Tune In The Genius Wuthin Pierre Provost sent me this beautiful
poem and I decided to share with you.

"When I Asked God for Strength
He Gave Me Difficult Situations to Face

When I Asked God for Brain & Brawn
He Gave Me Puzzles in Life to Solve

When I Asked God for Happiness
He Showed Me Some Unhappy People

When I Asked God for Wealth
He Showed Me How to Work Hard

When I Asked God for Favors
He Showed Me Opportunities to Work Hard

When I Asked God for Peace
He Showed Me How to Help Others

God Gave Me Nothing I Wanted
But, He Gave Me Everything I Needed

- Swami Vivekananda"


Technorati Tags:, , ,




7 Comments:

Blogger starry said...

True. god gives us what we need and not what we want. nice post.

8:37 PM  
Blogger Keshi said...

thats just so very beautiful!

Keshi.

11:47 PM  
Blogger EKENYERENGOZI Michael Chima said...

Chidinma,
Good words.

With such thoughts, one can overcome the world.

Well done and God bless.

8:58 AM  
Blogger Flora Pang said...

it sure is beautiful. next time share us one of yours, that would be nice too. :)

Flora

8:23 PM  
Blogger Dinma said...

Thank you all for the nice comments. Ok flora, sometime I'll share on of mine.

11:46 PM  
Blogger Christie's Corner said...

I agree with starry nites, God gives us what we nid and nt our wants, I was deeply touched.

thks 4 sharing.

7:37 AM  
Blogger Vessel of Mercy said...

You know, this poem is so insightful. God hides good in the bad appearing situations.
There are many lessons to learn reading this poem, thanks for posting it.

4:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home